A selection of articles related to cultural universals.
Original articles from our library related to the Cultural Universals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cultural Universals.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Cultural Universals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cultural Universals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Universals of Culture
- from DIG Simulation by Jerry Lipetsky, published by Interact. Universals of Culture. A list of 10 cultural universals.
- Is Free Will a Cultural Universal
- Is Belief in Free Will a Cultural Universal?*. Forthcoming in Mind & Language.
- A CRITIQUE OF CULTURAL UNIVERSALS AND PARTICULARS IN
- language as cultural universals, the paper, in its contribution to knowledge, extends instance of a conceptual universal, transcending all cultural particularities.
- 1 Review of Human Universals by Donald E. Brown Wallace
- Human Universals is a critique of the extreme cultural relativism that has dominated human universals vs.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- CULTURAL UNIVERSALS ACTIVITIES
- CULTURAL UNIVERSALS ACTIVITIES. ACTIVITY #1: In this activity, students will study the similarities between cultures, called cultural universals.
- Cultural Anthropology Terms
- May 11, 2007 No matter where people live in the world, they share these universal cultural traits .
- Cultural Universals
- Cultural Universals. The characteristics that we use to identify, compare, and contrast cultures throughout time.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Cultural Universals Topics
Related searchesbig hazard
domestication limits of domestication
sylvester and the magic pebble
oxnard california history