A selection of articles related to curcurbita.
Original articles from our library related to the Curcurbita. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Curcurbita.
- Gourd: Correspondences
- Curcurbita spp. Folk Names: Gender: Feminine Planet: Moon Element: Water Deity: Power: Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
Curcurbita is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Curcurbita books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ancient Indigenous Peoples Saved One of Three Sisters from Extinction
- Through genomic analysis of extant species of Curcurbita and archaeological evidence (such as seeds preserved in dung) of ancient wild Cucurbita species, the researchers found that the plants developed a symbiotic relationship with humans that allowed ...
- Gourds are for decorating
- Gourds and pumpkins are summer-growing annuals of the genus Curcurbita and the family Curcurbitaceae, according to the University of Maryland Extension website. The gourd has a storied history of use in both practical as well as decorative purposes, ...
- Master Gardeners: Saving your pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkins all belong to the Curcurbita genus, along with thick-skinned winter squash, such as butternut and turban squash, and thin-skinned summer squash, such as zucchini.
- Seasonal Chef: It's Fall and the Winter Squash Are Here!
- Delicata, also from the curcurbita pepo species, is an elongated shaped squash, usually yellow with pretty stripes of variegated green. They are small and very easy to manage, generally weighing in around ¾ to 1 pound.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.