A selection of articles related to custom litha.
Original articles from our library related to the Custom Litha. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Custom Litha.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Kissing Under the Mistletoe
- The Druids considered the mistletoe to be a sacred plant and believed it had miraculous properties which could cure illnesses, serve as an antidote against poisons, ensure fertility and protect against the ill effects of witchcraft. Moreover, whenever enemies...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary M
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. 2:2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) 2:3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his...
New Testament >> Luke
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
Custom Litha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Custom Litha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- You Call it Christmas, We Call it Yule… Pagans, Celebrate!
- Well, I wrote this article nearly two decades ago but I think it still stands as a decent exploration of the customs of Christmas and Yuletide that many of us still embrace and enjoy. ....
- Black Athletes at Mizzou on Strike Over University President's Mishandling of
- Joseph Heinzinger Sally McLinn James Glover David Chase Daniel Ellerbee Bob Thomas Missy Chitchat Litha Macon Teddy Cole Hating Whitey. + Follow. Share.
- Golfers boost Island Style funds
- Top women's team was Litha Lane (Berger), Dawn Henderson, Claudia McCoy and Gwen Means, while the 65-plus winners were Bob Furek, Don Beuerlein, Dave Hill and Tom Swartz. Venue was the increasingly popular Hammock Bay course, which over ...
- Breakthrough Technologies' Litha Ramirez Wins Timmy Award for Chicago's 'Best
- EVANSTON, Ill., Oct. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Breakthrough Technologies announced today that Litha Ramirez, Breakthrough's Director of Experience Strategy and Design, is the winner of the first ever Timmy Award for Chicago's Best Technology Manager.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.