- UP shelves 'Shiv-ki-Pauri' project after opposition
- Teerth purohit Anshul Shri Kunj said Brahma Kund was in existence when King Bhagirath had brought the Ganga from Gaumukh in Gangotri to Haridwar. Yuva Teerth Purohit Maha Sabha president Ujjwal Pundit expressed satisfaction at the shelving of the ...
- Air Marshal Virender Mohan Khanna moves in as maintenance chief at IAF
- An avid sportsman, Air Marshal Khanna was a member of two Indian expeditions to the Antarctica, where the IAF played a pivotal role in setting up Indian permanent bases Dakshin Gangotri and Maitri. He succeeds Air Marshal Sukhchain Singh Vishisht, who ...
- Minister's responsibility
- It does not matter if he was in Rajasthan and Haryana, as Balyan has explained, or somewhere even more remote, such as Dakshin Gangotri. The communication medium that was used, email, is abstracted from geography and is agnostic to distance.
- India's Home For Scientists In Freezing Antarctica Is Stunningly Beautiful!
- Dakshin Gangotri was our debut in Antarctica, and was buried in ice 6 years after being set up, forcing India to abandon it.
- Ahmedabad grads part of SAC study on south pole
- India is one of the few countries in the world which has multiple research stations - Dakshin Gangotri, Maitri and Bharati - at Antarctica.
Dakshin Gangotri is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dakshin Gangotri books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.