- What was the sword of Damocles?
- The famed “sword of Damocles” dates back to an ancient moral parable popularized by the Roman philosopher Cicero in his 45 B.C. book “Tusculan Disputations.
- Colombian official: Date for signing peace treaty is no sword of Damocles
- March 23, the date set by the Colombian government and FARC rebels to sign their peace treaty, cannot become a "sword of Damocles" that cuts off negotiations if that date is not met, Interior Minister Juan Fernando Cristo said Tuesday.
- The European Parliament: a sword of Damocles hanging over Cameron
- This is set to happen after the June referendum, but it will be a sword of Damocles hanging over Cameron during the whole campaign; one that his detractors and indeed the Parliament itself are happy to remind him of.
- De unde vine expresia sabia lui Damocles?
- Faimoasa expresie "sabia lui Damocles" provine de la o morală străveche popularizată de filosoful roman Cicero în carte sa "Disputele lui Tusculan", scrisă în anul 45 î.Hr.
- Steve McClaren and The Sword of Damocles
- “The Sword of Damocles”, an allusion to the imminent and ever-present peril faced by those in positions of power. Like Steve McClaren. The sword hovers above him, as does the very presence of owner Mike Ashley who is able to let the sword drop at any ...
Damocles is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Damocles books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheseliyahu goldratt
spanish irregular verbs
power nine fake cards and proxies
speed limit footnotes
shogi the yagura castle
barry boehm spiral model
hoffa plot summary