A selection of articles related to darkest.
Original articles from our library related to the Darkest. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Darkest.
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Summary
- As we enter into the new millennium, the dreams of a fading era carry us all to an uncertain destination. The modern age has in no way resolved the human crisis, which is not significantly different except in terms of scale and severity, than the tragedies...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- A Ritual for Samhain
- Samhain is a when the Spirit world is at it's closest to our world. One of the many ways to honor this fact is: to leave and offering by your back door. Leave and empty place setting for a departed loved one and your dinner table. Samhain is one the favored...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Darkest is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Darkest books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Dying Is Painful, But Also Noble in 'Darkest Dungeon'
- At least that's how it usually goes with these sorts of eldritch monsters, but Darkest Dungeon does give us a means of fighting back. We can't fight the ancient power itself, but we can fight its minions.
- Padma Lakshmi Dishes on Her Darkest Days With Salman Rushdie
- Padma Lakshmi Dishes on Her Darkest Days With Salman Rushdie. Before hosting Top Chef, Padma Lakshmi was most famous for her relationship with Salman Rushdie. Her memoir is startlingly honest about that, and much more.
- Lyves lifts listeners up with “Darkest Hour”
- After almost a year-long break since her last release, London-based Lyves is back with a new indie/electronic offering entitled “Darkest Hour”, which does not disappoint.
- Darkest Before the Dawn
- Every time politicians say “we must do something,” fighter jets and missiles fly, the stock market soars and thousands of innocent people die. Someone discovered a way to turn flesh and blood into money, power and fear. Those bombs dropped in faraway ...
- Darkest Dungeon update brings new class, tweaks
- The next Darkest Dungeon update is available on Steam, and it brings with it a unique, loot-oriented class and some small but significant changes meant to mitigate late-game grind. The new class, the Antiquarian, plays on Darkest Dungeon's existing ...