Data Compression Applications
A selection of articles related to data compression applications.
Original articles from our library related to the Data Compression Applications. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Data Compression Applications.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Do Subliminal Audio Tapes Work?
- The theoretical potential for subliminal audio is not able to be established from the published scientific data at this time. Clearly, the published empirical data show that subliminal audio influence is either extremely weak or non-existent. And most...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- How reliable are things remembered under hypnosis?
- This has often arisen as both a legal issue (as in the reliability oftestimony obtained during or after hypnotherapy) and also a social issue(regarding the use of hypnotherapy to establish evidence of early child abuse,for example). It is entirely true that...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Data Compression Applications is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Data Compression Applications books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- System loads Web pages 34 percent faster by fetching files more effectively
- It then uses its detailed log of these interactions to create a “dependency graph” for the page. Mickens offers the analogy of a ... This means that they often focus on the challenge of more quickly transferring information via data compression.
- Flash storage: Has the hype become reality?
- The arrays housing such SSDs add, typically inline, data deduplication and compression to increase their effective capacity. ... The thinking is that it will be used as persistent memory rather than storage, and so make applications in servers run faster.
- How to back up your PC, laptop, phone and tablet for free
- Exactly how long data lasts on optical media depends on a number of factors such as whether the disk is writable or re-writable, the manufacturer, and the environment in which it's stored.
- Oracle gives apps a ticket to ride on Sparc M7's SQL warp drives
- We previously described these engines – officially known as Data Analytics Accelerators or DAX – during October's Oracle OpenWorld conference. They work by slurping compressed data from memory at up to 160GB/s, analyzing and filtering the information ...
- Tandberg announces fourth-generation LTO drives
- LTO's six generation roadmap envisages a scale up to 6.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.