A selection of articles related to davy lamp.
Original articles from our library related to the Davy Lamp. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Davy Lamp.
- An Overview of Different Types of Scrying
- Scrying is a method of divination. It consists of gazing into a crystal, a mirror or some water for example, anything shiny really, in order to enter altered mind states...A good cliché that best describes scrying is the gypsy fortune-teller and her large...
Divination >> Scrying
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar,...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Lauràelle, the Ceremony & the Sword: An OBE Experience
- I have profoundly hesitated over the telling of this tale for many years. I have a lifetime of experiences like this to share, but some (like this one) may seem way over the top to some people, no matter how its written. This is simply because they lack any...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
- A Solstice Spell To Consecrate
- This is a chant derived from very early Syrian Christians and reworked to be a consecration and charging chant for a jar of honey that I use as a prime ingredient some of my medicines. An Evocation of the Sun to empower a substance (in this case a jar of...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Davy Lamp is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Davy Lamp books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- We shed light on the story of the miners' safety lamp in the North East
- To commemorate the milestone, we've had a delve through our own archives to shed more light on the fascinating history of the safety lamp, and why the so-called “Geordie lamp” proved more popular here than the Davy lamp. Both Sir Humphry Davy and ...
- Humphry Davy and the “safety lamp controversy”
- The claims made against Davy throughout 1816-17 by supporters of George Stephenson, a Northumberland-born engineer, proved more difficult to counter. On 21 October 1815, Stephenson had successfully tested a safety lamp of his own design, which, like ...
- Sunderland, the club of Stokoe and Quinn, found wanting over Adam Johnson
- Outside, there is a davy lamp in honour of the region's miners. And the last time I was there, something else stood out. Through the main entrance, up the flight of stairs, it is the words on the wall, running the full length of the corridor.
- The Way We Were: 200th anniversary of first trial of Davy lamp
- Davy's lamp consists of a wick lamp with the flame enclosed inside a mesh screen.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.