A selection of articles related to death marches.
Original articles from our library related to the Death Marches. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Death Marches.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- That Glimmer of Life: Death, The Energy Body & Its Aura
- When persons are nearing death, their auras change dramatically. As a mystic and healer with many years experience, I have probably had more opportunities than most to observe the auras of people with terminal illnesses, in the weeks, days, hours and minutes...
Body Mysteries >> Auras
- Shamanic Death
- What is a Shaman’s death, and who’s likely to have one? The death itself is a suspension between worlds. States of consciousness. The individual today, who is likely to have a "Shamanic Death" is chasing extinction itself. Through that process the...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- 13 - Death
- The skeleton with the scythe symbolizes the cutting through of old structures in our life, for instance relationships or patterns. By doing so we can move forward, so that death in one form becomes birth in a new form. Meaning: transformation, (sudden)...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
Death Marches is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Death Marches books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Review: Iggy Pop Isn't a S**t-Stirrer, He Likes It Shaken on 'Post Pop Depression'
- “Vulture” is even more outwardly campy, veering into Nick Cave territory: “An evil breath / Smells like death,” as well as “He'll jump your bandwagon / Til it's your corpse he's draggin',” with rung bells on the chorus for that red-right touch.
- Album Review: INVERLOCH Distance | Collapsed
- If you have even the slightest interest in doom or death metal, its combination of eerie atonal crush, stuttering blasts, and hallucinogenic melodies remains a unique accomplishment in the field.
- The Right Wing's Bizarre Case of Alinsky Envy
- I haven't seen further evidence of that pivot from Shaun, but the Bearing Drift piece fascinated me because of the far right's continuing obsession with a community organizer who died over forty years ago and whom the left has largely forgotten.
- Our gratitude to Eugene Schmitz and his generation
- As time marches on, though, those members of the so-called Greatest Generation pass on into history. The Veterans ... When New Mexicans think about the war, their thoughts turn to a part that affected many families here — the Bataan Death March.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.