A selection of articles related to decanonized saints.
Original articles from our library related to the Decanonized Saints. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Decanonized Saints.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- King James Bible: Colossians, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother, 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:3 We give...
New Testament >> Colossians
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women,...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Ephesians, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father...
New Testament >> Ephesians
Decanonized Saints is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Decanonized Saints books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- In a Galaxy Far, Far Away From Comic Book Bigotry, Black and Queer Heroes Rule
- And later, Grand Admiral Thrawn, but that has been de-canonized and hopefully won't make it onto a screen because the whole Thrawn thing was weird. Uh.. ...
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Star Wars; The Force Awakens
- This ties into existing canon from the extended universe, and ultimately could prove to support, rather than decanonize, source materials like the novelizations and comics.
- An unsuitable saint
- After the Second Vatican Council, a number of questionable names — some mythical (such as St. George, of dragon fame), others unappealing to the modern mind — were quietly dropped from the calendar of saints.
- 4 Cases That Prove Columbus' Legacy is Alive and Well in 2015
- September 2015 – Juniper Serra christened as a “Catholic saint” by even Latin America's most progressive pope. Pope Francis, one of Latin America's most beloved popes, came to Washington, D.C.
- Op-ed: What do progressive Mormons want? A dialogue about change
- A growing number of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints consider themselves "progressive Mormons." Although no official definition exists of what constitutes a progressive Mormon, one could loosely define progressive Mormons as ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.