Decet Romanum Pontificem
- First rabbi admitted to Vatican Library tells tales of Martin Luther
- Decet Romanum Pontificem,. the 1521 papal bull excommunicating Martin Luther, a founder of what would be the Reformation. Luther had been upset at the Church's selling indulgences, or the forgiveness of sins, to raise money so the spendthrift Leo could ...
- Luther excommunicated by Catholic Church
- On January 3, 1521, Pope Leo X issued the papal bull Decet Romanum pontificem (“It pleases the Roman Pontiff”), which excommunicated Martin Luther, a German theologian and monk who had been causing the Roman Catholic Church no end of trouble ...
- DC area hirings make you wonder: Where did nepotism come from, anyway?
- The next year he issued “Romanum Decet Pontificem,” a papal bull that must have ticked off nephews all over Christendom. Some background: The word “nepotism” — which means to show favoritism to a relative — comes from the Latin word “nepos,” which ...
- 12 febbraio 1621 Gregorio XV consacrato Papa
- A tal fine emanò il 15 novembre 1621 la costituzione apostolica Aeterni Patris Filius, seguita, il 12 marzo 1622, dalla bolla Decet Romanum Pontificem, mediante le quali veniva riaffermata la necessità della clausura per il Conclave, nonché l'obbligo ...
- Martín Lutero, el gran reformador de la Iglesia
- El Papa León X excomulgó a Lutero el 3 de enero de 1521 mediante la bula Decet Romanum Pontificem. La ejecución de la prohibición, sin embargo, fue evitada por la relación del Papa con Federico III de Sajonia y por el nuevo emperador Carlos V quien, ...
Decet Romanum Pontificem is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Decet Romanum Pontificem books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Decet Romanum Pontificem Topics
Related searchesrobert walpole rise to power
r v cuerrier
american victims of abortion
kato tribe mythology