A selection of articles related to deer.
Original articles from our library related to the Deer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Deer.
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Animal Magic
- (Its More Familiar Than You Think!) A Circle fills the room with its special glow. Fragrant herbs perfume the air; candles light the night. And two small eyes glow up at you, knowing that they too are part of the magic. People and animals have worked magic...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Deer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Deer books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Buck kill up, antlerless deer kill down in Pennsylvania
- Harvest estimates are based on more than 24,000 deer checked by Game Commission personnel and more than 100,000 harvest reports submitted by successful hunters. Because some hunters do not report their kills, even though it is required, the Game ...
- Suicidal deer sign controversy
- MITCHELL COUNTY, IA - We see them all the time and usually never give them a second thought. Signs marking where deer frequently cross the road. But one of those signs in Iowa is stirring up some controversy.
- Unruly bus passenger recovering after being shot by Brown Deer police
- An unruly bus passenger shot by Brown Deer police Monday night after being removed from the bus is alive and receiving treatment at a hospital, Milwaukee police said Tuesday morning. Milwaukee police were called in to investigate the shooting involving ...
- The Science of Scents: How Well Can Deer Smell?
- The sense of smell among members of the deer family is legendary. In fact, it's hard for humans to grasp. But recent research into the sense of smell of elk and whitetails finally puts some numbers to it.
- Deer Lodge residents tackle reassessment project
- Other strengths identified for Deer Lodge included its location and weather, outdoor scenery and activities, history, tourism (40,000 people visited the historic Old Montana Prison, Montana Auto Museum and Frontier Museum and 20,000 visited Grant-Kohrs ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
peugeot 405 model history
argumentum ad populum examples
indonesia raya lyrics