A selection of articles related to define shamanism.
Original articles from our library related to the Define Shamanism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Define Shamanism.
- An Overview of Core Shamanism
- Core shamanism developed out of research done by Dr. Michael Harner. He discovered that all over the world, while the overall approaches to shamanism may be different, there were key elements in common. Dr. Harner then set about synthesizing these elements so...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Define Shamanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Define Shamanism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- What is identity politics?
- Amongst pagans, it's shamanism I'm interested in. When teaching students, I suddenly become middle aged, and so on. Identity is a precious thing, and we should avoid prescribing to others whether it is individual or group based.
- Way of no-excuse customer service
- ACA Group defined customer service as “the ability of an organisation to constantly and consistently exceed the customers' expectations.
- Capturing the Treasured Wisdom of Female Shamans in Russia
- Located in southern Siberia on the border with Mongolia, the Russian republic of Tuva is home to ancient shamanic traditions practiced by women as well as men. Tucked away behind Sayan mountains, Tuva attracts a great number of visitors drawn to its ...
- LBC's Nick Ferrari cleared over calling Paris attacks a 'Muslim problem'
- LBC's Nick Ferrari told a caller to leave the country if he objected to government policy. Photograph: Katherine Anne Rose for the Observer. Jasper Jackson · @JaspJackson · email.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.