A selection of articles related to deities.
Original articles from our library related to the Deities. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Deities.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- The Elements of Color Magick
- "Color is the place where our mind and the universe meet each other." Paul Cezanne In magick colors represent a certain energy, goal, person (someone you're working for) or a non-physical being (deity, spiritual force). The magickal color meanings...
Symbology >> Colorology
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Deities is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Deities books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- When mortals masquerade as deities
- Lucknow: Seeing him sway, scream and hop around in a weird attire, nobody would believe that behind the mask is a 45-year old shopkeeper and father of two teenagers. From his life, Deepak Kumar takes out one day in the year to dress up in a bizarre way ...
- Hindu worshippers consecrate deities during three-day ceremony in Centennial
- Shilpa Polakam makes sacrifices while her daughter, Sarayu, 8, watches on during a havan at the Shri Shirdi Saibaba Temple of Rockies on February 27, 2016 in Centennial, Colorado. The worshippers of the temple held a havan, which is a fire ritual where ...
- Deity assembly begins in Himachal Pradesh for Mahashivaratri
- The Mahashivaratri celebrations in Mandi date back to 1526 when this town was founded during the rule of Ajbar Sen. He "invited" all local deities to mark the founding of the new town. Governor Acharya Devvrat will be chief guest at the closing ceremony.
- Tirumala deities given celestial bath
- The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) priests performed magha snanam to the Tirumala processional deities in the river Krishna here on Tuesday. The priests, led by Seshadri, brought the idols of Malayppa and his consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi to the ...
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art Exhibit to Showcase Hindu Deities
- The Santa Barbara Museum of Art in California will showcase images of Hindu deities in an upcoming exhibition, “Puja and Piety,” which will run from April 17 to Aug. 28, 2016. It includes a 12th-century volcanic stone sculpture of Shiva, 11th-century ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesunited states postal service
dream symbol rotten teeth
nissan sentra history
native american shamanism
star of david origin