- Miracles of medicine
- The donor was 25-year-old Denise Darvall, who was run over by a car on Dec. 2 and had been declared brain dead. The nine-hour operation was completed when the new heart in Washkansky's chest was electrically shocked into action.
- National Apple Pie Day-KALW Almanac-12/03/2015
- Washkansky, a South African grocer dying from chronic heart disease, received the transplant from Denise Darvall, a 25-year-old woman who was fatally injured in a car accident.
- Man who received world's first penis transplant to 'become a father'
- The surgeon's team used some of the techniques used when performing facial transplants. South Africa has got a heritage when it comes to transplants.
- Radio 'silence' for BBC presenter set to marry Tory MP: Host won't be able to
- A Tory MP has announced her engagement to a BBC presenter - after just two months together. Charlotte Leslie, 36, is set to marry BBC Radio Bristol host John Darvall, who she began dating in October last year.
- 1967: First Heart Transplant Patient Goes Under the Knife
- On Saturday, December 2, 1967, Denise Darvall, 25, and her mother, Myrtle, were hit by a car operated by a drunk driver as they crossed Main Road in Observatory, Cape Town.
Denise Darvall is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Denise Darvall books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Denise Darvall Topics
Related searchesmary jo kopechne bobby baker scandal
quota share treaty
burns supper toast to the lassies