- Derek Parfit (/ˈpɑːrfɪt/; born 11 December 1942) is a British philosopher who ... and Persons}, thus fitting the definition of an indirectly self-defeating theory.
- The Unimportance of Identity
- University Press, 1984). The new material will be more fully developed in my contribution to Dancy, Derek Parﬁt and His Critics: Vol. 1.
- Parfit - Overpopulation and the Quality of Life - University of
- DEREK PARFIT. OVERPOPULATION AND THE QUALITY OF LIFE. How many people should there be?
- Parfit. "Personal Identity" - University of San Diego Home Pages
- DEREK PARFIT. I cannot see how to disprove this first belief. I shall describe a problem case.
- on what matters - Usc
- ON WHAT MATTERS. DEREK PARFIT. Draft of December 4 2008.
- Derek Parfit - Usc
- Derek Parfit is a British philosopher who has made major contributions to the ... The reasons Parfit is concerned with are called normative practical reasons.
- Ontological Qualia: The Future of Personal Identity
- Related to this question, we also have what Derek Parfit defined as the question of survival. This is evoked by the following question: Under what circumstances will I exist in the future?
- Personhood and moral status: the debate continues
- In a similar essay to Wilkins, Andrew McGee of Queensland University of Technology's Centre for Ethics and Health Law has critiqued arguments advanced by Jeff McMahan and Derek Parfit, which try to make a case for the non-personhood of embryos and ...
- The universe of moral equals
- As Derek Parfit correctly points out, a blind man taking away another eye from someone will never make his condition any better.
- Reason and romance: The world's most cerebral marriage
- The four philosophers were Derek Parfit, Amartya Sen, Ronald Dworkin and GA “Jerry” Cohen, all of them in their scholarly prime.
- World Thinkers 2014: Derek Parfit
- Derek Parfit, now an Emeritus Senior Research Fellow at All Souls College, Oxford, has only published two books during his long career, but his influence on philosophy in the English-speaking world is considerable. On What Matters, the two volumes of ...
- Derek Parfit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Derek Parfit (/ˈpɑːrfɪt/; born 11 December 1942) is a British philosopher who specialises in problems of personal identity, rationality, ethics, and the relations ...
- Reasons and Persons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Reasons and Persons is a philosophical work by Derek Parfit, first published in ... But if, as Parfit argues, a reductionist theory of personal identity holds, then the ...
- Derek Parfit discussing personal identity in the documentary
- Nov 7, 2014 Derek Parfit discussing personal identity in the documentary Brainspotting. Christopher Grau. SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe 99.
- How To Be Good - The New Yorker
- Sep 5, 2011 The philosopher Derek Parfit believes that neither of the people is you, but that this doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that you have ceased to ...
- On What Matters by Derek Parfit | Issue 87 | Philosophy Now
- James Alexander ponders Derek Parfit's new work.
Derek Parfit is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Derek Parfit books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Derek Parfit Topics
Related searchescollege park georgia history
ascension island population
arctic wolf hunting
media in canada history
personal lubricant uses
list of villains american cartoons