A selection of articles related to descent.
Original articles from our library related to the Descent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Descent.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Persephone had no real title or position in the world of Olympian gods and goddesses.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness,...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
- The Mysteries of the Rosary Beads
- Traditionally there are 15 Mysteries of the Rosary based on the Roman Catholic customs set by Pope St. Pius V in the 16th century.
Magick >> Rituals
Descent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Descent books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Steady descent from hope: South Sudan is dying, and nobody is counting anymore
- Men, women, children have been shot, speared, burned, castrated, hung, drowned, run over, suffocated, starved and blown up- the dead could be 300,000. Battles have been fought with modern weaponry, including helicopter gunships, rocket launchers, ...
- Black Panther's Chadwick Boseman: 'I'm proud kids of African descent have
- "I'm proud that kids of African descent have another superhero to look up to, but I hope that kids of many different races look up to the character.
- A National Descent Into Trump's Pants
- Critic's Notebook: A Fiery Debate on the K.K.K.
- Freddie Highmore Gives Spoilers on Norman's Descent into Madness on Bates Motel
- When Bates Motel returns for its fourth season tonight, Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) continues his downward spiral into madness, greatly affecting his mother Norma (Vera Farmiga) and brother Dylan (Max Thieriot). Even strangers with whom he comes ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Descent (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Descent is a 3D first-person shooter video game developed by Parallax Software and released by Interplay in Europe in 1994. The game features six degrees of ...
- The Descent (2005) - IMDb
- The Descent -- One year after a tragic accident, six girlfriends meet in a The Descent -- A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become ...
- Descent | Define Descent at Dictionary.com
- Descent definition, the act, process, or fact of moving from a higher to a lower position. See more.
- Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition - Fantasy Flight Games
- Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition is a board game in which one player takes on the role of the treacherous overlord, and up to four other players ...
- Descent - Interplay
- Descent is a highly advanced first person shooter boasting six degrees of freedom. One of the few games in its class to allow the player full freedom in moving ...
Related searchescaroline island
electrolysis of water efficiency
philip ii of spain legacy
parliamentary system history