- Mar 28, 2000 Devadasis Were Degraded Buddhist Nuns. Dr. K.
- Devadasi Culture In South India
- ON THE ROAD. Against Her Will: Devadasi Culture In South India.
- SPECIAL TIDINGS FROM GHATAPRABHA - Dalit Freedom Network
- In this province reside the Dalits, along with Devadasis (Temple prostitutes) and Mr.
- Schemes fail to curb devadasi practice
- The findings of a recent survey which has determined 23787 more number of devadasis, despite the practice being abolished in the State three decades ago, has brought to light the failure of the government machinery in putting an end to the practice.
- Swiss woman duped by fake godman in Hyderabad
- He even gave her a new name, Induganti Devadasi. "The fascination towards Indian spirituality and mystic Vedas brought me to the country. But I had never thought that I would be cheated.
- Flesh trade and HIV in India
- According to some research, child prostitution is socially acceptable in some sections of Indian society through the practice of 'Devadasi' [Slave of god].
- Watch, learn, like
- Rukmini Devi, who is revered for reinventing the devadasi dance form of Sadir and moulding it into Bharatnatyam, founded Kalakshetra in 1936 after her first performance at the Theosophical Society in Adyar, Madras.
- The Devadasi System
- This site is dedicated to the thousands of Devadasis (the name signifies servant of god) who have been forced into prostitution in the name of religion in India.
- Letter from India: Serving the Goddess : The New Yorker
- by William Dalrymple August 4, 2008. The devadasi system is centuries old, and the women once enjoyed lives of great privilege.
- Devadasi Bellydance
- Welcome. Choose the perfect bellydance costume from our selection of fabulous designs imported from Egypt and Turkey.
Devadasi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Devadasi books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Related searcheshindu incarnation
adenosine triphosphate function
last exit to brooklyn
yoruba language history