- Once a Devadasi Herself, Kashava Is Now Helping 3628 Ex-Devadasis Build a New Life
- Kashava was made a devadasi when she was just a six-year-old child. After struggling with numerous challenges that life gave her, she has finally emerged a victor. Kashava now works for an NGO which helps devadasis.
- Devadasi,a Mistaken Word in Myth
- CHENNAI: Aruna Sairam shuffled onto my playlist with a song of a longing devadasi, and I called a friend who knew it well. He had the original Telugu text of Paiyyada, while I poured over an English translation.
- I Was A Devadasi And I Forgive Everyone Who Made Me One!
- Yallava Matangi's grandfather threw her into the flesh trade because of a senseless superstition. But Yallava is living peacefully now in village Nidasusi in Karnataka. She forgives everyone who made her a devadasi.
- This Devadasi's Life Was Like a Fairy Tale, with the Wicked Witch and Prince
- A resident of Athani, Karnataka, 40-year-old Chanda Maigur's story sounds almost like a fairy tale. Chanda was a devadasi who fell in love with Sunil and lived happily ever after. Chanda's father was a porter at the Athani bus stand.
- Watch: How A 'Devadasi' Broke Free From Sex Work And Is Now Empowering Others
- The ancient and outlawed, yet still prevalent, practice originally gave Devadasis a comfortable life and high social standing, but began to be abused by the rich and powerful. Approximately 250,000 girls and women in south-western India alone are still ...
Devadasi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Devadasi books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.