Dharma Shastra Dictionary
A selection of articles related to dharma shastra dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Dharma Shastra Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dharma Shastra Dictionary.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Dharma Shastra Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dharma Shastra Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Despite India's warning, Nepal adopts constitution; first statute in South
- India believes that the Nepali political leaders didn't exercise the flexibility to bring on board all regions and sections of society.
- Book review: A re-telling of Kamasutra by Wendy Doniger
- Doniger also throws light on how Kamasutra has heavily borrowed from Kautilya's Arthashastra, a book on statecraft. She also describes how both the books mostly differ with Manu's Dharmashastra, which coined castes and defined women as inferior to men.
- Sado-ritual syndrome, part II – Indian suttee
- Notice too throughout quoted passages in this post the repeated use of the word “custom” (defined at dictionary.com) for it will reappear in subsequent posts about other atrocities against women as well. As Mary Daly points out, “The ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Dharma Shastra Dictionary Topics
Related searchesboyles law
ethics in the bible utilitarianism
south asia other subregions of asia
battle of stalluponen