- The Rainbow Mountains Of China Are Earth's Paint Palette
- This is just one example where geology catches our attention and begs the question: What causes the Rainbow Mountains to be colored the way they are? Here I will discuss the diagenetic and mineralogical processes that make up the reds, greens, yellows, ...
- Weston professor receives Wesley W. Horner Award
- Chapra's paper, titled "Sed2K: Modeling Lake Sediment Diagenesis in a Management Context," shows how environmental engineers and scientists can predict the impact of contaminated bottom sediments on lake water quality. Such information is valuable in ...
- Geological Society of America
- Boulder, Colo., USA - Seismic, deformation, and gas activity (unrest) typically precedes volcanic eruptions. Tracking the changes of this activity with monitoring data makes it increasingly possible to successfully forecast eruptions from stratovolcanoes.
- Oil & Gas News: Old Well Rescue: Don't Euthanize, Revitalize!
- We need a way to identify marginal wells in danger of being plugged and abandoned (euthanized), quickly diagnose what's keeping their production low, and match-make them with the appropriate services.
- Paying attention to mudrocks: Priceless!
- The topic of mudstone deposition and diagenesis has only recently begun to emerge as important and widely recognized, mostly because of increased interest from the petroleum industry. In spite of their fine grain-size rocks and low permeabilities, ...
Diagenesis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diagenesis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.