- Wikipedia for iOS updated w/ redesigned interface, 3D Touch, Handoff & more
- You save the article to check out again later, and head back to the Explore feed and find new suggested articles based on the Monarch butterfly migration: butterfly conservation in California, the Queen butterfly, and Diapause… What's diapause?
- It takes a village: How Canada got its first native-born pandas
- At the naming ceremony for baby pandas Jia Panpan and Jia Yueyue in Toronto this week, actual trumpets sounded. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau snuck in a visit to the zoo's panda house just before his White House appearance; Ontario Premier Kathleen ...
- Oncogene controls stem cells in early embryonic development
- by Koh - In a process called diapause, many animal species delay the development of their embryos in order to ensure that their offspring is born at a possibly favorable time. Scientists from the German Cancer Research Center (Deutsches ...
- Warm winter expected to affect animal populations
- Hix said he expects to see a “burst in the insect population” because they may come out of hibernation or diapause, a physiological state of dormancy, prematurely.
- Pests in the heat
- The warm fall also means more larvae that escaped diapause (the dormant stage that overwinters) in August would still make it successfully to the overwintering stage, which is true for both codling moth and leafroller.
Diapause is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diapause books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
hydrogen peroxide domestic uses
mary frances berry
alternation of generation
ti-83 series ti-83 plus