- Obligatory vs. facultative diapause.
- Diapause in an annual killifish, Austrofundulus limnaeus
- diapause embryos embedded in the pond sediments (Myers,. 1952; Wourms biochemistry of development or diapause in annual killifish.
- Predicting Autumn diapause induction in Helicoverpa using long
- Information on the likely timing of Autumn diapause induction in Helicoverpa spp.
- Energy metabolism during diapause in Culex pipiens mosquitoes
- govern Cx. pipiens diapause would significantly improve our understanding Cx .
- Genome sequence of an Australian kangaroo, Macropus eugenii, provides insight
- The tammar has many unusual biological characteristics, including the longest period of embryonic diapause of any mammal, extremely synchronized seasonal breeding and prolonged and sophisticated lactation within a well-defined pouch.
- Locusts lie-low, but to re-group for Spring
- The majority of eggs laid during the second half of March and April will have entered diapause and remain dormant over winter. Eggs laid during late April or May will develop slowly and also hatch in spring.
- Marvellous forms
- Diapause (delayed development) is common in some temperate species. The Indian stick insect, Carausius morosus, is a favourite among those who keep insects as pets. THE NYMPH OF a lantern fly with a prominent snout.
- Cameraria : le parasite grille toujours les feuilles des marronniers
- Dans ce cas, on dit que les larves sont en diapause, en vie ralentie. En quelque sorte, certains individus se mettent en réserve pour l'année d'après lorsqu'il ya surpopulation.
- Diapause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Diapause is the delay in development in response to regularly and recurring periods of adverse environmental conditions.
- Diapause is usually done by insects. It is a 'sleep time' that is different from hibernation because the animals do not grow during this time.
- Developmental Biology 9e Online: Diapause in Insects
- Many species of insects have evolved a strategy called diapause.
Diapause is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diapause books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.