A selection of articles related to dicentra spectabilis.
Original articles from our library related to the Dicentra Spectabilis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dicentra Spectabilis.
- Bleeding Heart: Correspondences
- Dicentra spectabilis or D. formosa Folk Names: Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Dutchman's Breeches: Correspondences
- Dicentra cucullaria Folk Names: Gender: Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary D
Dicentra Spectabilis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dicentra Spectabilis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Sandy's Garden ... Bleeding Hearts
- Lamprocapnos, although the specific name … the equivalent of the plant's forename, or Christian name … spectabilis, meaning 'spectacular' … is given to both; and the name by which it used to be universally known … Dicentra spectabilis … is still ...
- Connecticut Garden Journal: Bleeding Hearts
- Its red, pink, or white colored flowers hang down from three- to four-foot-tall plants from cascading branches. The flower shape is a dead giveaway to its common name, bleeding hearts.
- What's in a name, you ask
- Its old Latin name of Dicentra had become a popular common name but is no longer accurate so botanists reclassified it to Lamprocapnos spectabilis.
- Growing beyond hostas: Enliven your shade garden with something new
- "I also love Primula veris (English cowslip) with Lamprocapnos spectabilis (old-fashioned bleeding heart, formerly Dicentra spectabilis) — pink and yellow together is a favorite.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.