A selection of articles related to dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Wollof - English Dictionary
- Wollof - English Dictionary prepared by. Peace Corps The Gambia. PO Box 582.
- PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata -- version 2.0
- The PREMIS Data Dictionary Version 2.0. Special Topics ..
- IDIOMS IDIOMS
- International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs and the Cambridge International Dictionary students greater confidence and skill in using a monolingual dictionary.
- Pali Buddhist Dictionary
- Buddhist. Dictionary. Manual of Buddhist.
Suggested News Resources
- OMG, the charabanc has been plutoed
- When a word makes it into a well-known dictionary, it is as if it has been given a seal of approval. The latest edition of the Chambers Dictionary includes symptoms of contemporary worries, such as “double-dip” and “toxic assets”.
- Aug. 26: Wintour Is a Top Obama Fundraiser and Dictionary Adds 'Fist Bump'
- 22-year-old Petra Ecclestone, daughter of billionaire Formula One president and CEO Bernie Ecclestone, is getting married in a three-day event this weekend.
- Alec Baldwin Prepares Thigh Master for Hurricane Irene
- As he takes every precaution necessary to ensure his safety should the Category 2 storm hits New York, the '30 Rock' star informs his Twitter followers he also has a Scrabble dictionary by him.
- New dictionary defines a changing China
- BEIJING // Until last month, if you had looked up the character "nu", or "slave", in China's best selling dictionary, the definition would have been infused with Marxist rhetoric.
- 'Cassette Tape' fades out of Oxford Dictionary
- As newer, more modern words such as "sexting," "retweet" and "cyberbullying" became part of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary (COED) last week, some older, lesser known words had to be taken out to make room for the new ones.
Suggested Web Resources
- Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at
- Dictionary.com - the largest and most trusted free online dictionary. Quickly find accurate definitions and audio pronunciations of words.
- OneLook Dictionary Search
- Type in a word and search many dictionaries at once. Also has a reverse dictionary and translations.
- Google Dictionary
- Google Dictionary is no longer available. You can use Google web search to find definitions or Google Translate for your translation needs.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesalice walker controversy
palaces in the philippines
theory x and theory y criticisms