- Caught between Greek and beep
- In defending Simbu, Sarathkumar may have unwittingly touched upon a deeper issue -the gap between spoken and literary Tamil. Like Arabic and Greek, there's a classical, literary Tamil used for writing and a lower, conversational Tamil. "In diglossic ...
- Unlikely parallels
- Although English is no longer in a diglossic relationship with another language, the Norman-era diglossia remains reflected in the way we choose and mix vocabulary.
- English spelling is terrible. Other languages are worse.
- Some languages have a situation called diglossia, in which the written form actually represents a different dialect from the spoken form.
- Celebrating Tamil
- Tamil is an indigenous classical language with an uninterrupted rich literary history.
Diglossia Tamil is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diglossia Tamil books and related discussion.