Diminutive Other Suffixes
A selection of articles related to diminutive other suffixes.
Original articles from our library related to the Diminutive Other Suffixes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Diminutive Other Suffixes.
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Diminutive Other Suffixes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diminutive Other Suffixes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- UMD speech instructor allegedly calls student 'cute' for 'mansplaining'
- The student says he understands that “-ette” has a diminutive root in French, but questions whether the same is true of the other suffix. “The point is: same job, same title,” the instructor replies.
- Why Ticos Are Called Ticos
- Costa Ricans are usually called ticos by themselves as well as by people of other Spanish-speaking countries.
- ¿Cuál es tu nombre germánico…?
- Los antiguos germanos tenían una interesante forma de crear nombres: el kenning. Los kennings son fórmulas poéticas basadas en la asociación generalmente de dos raíces del lenguaje, nombres, adjetivos o verbos en la mayoría de los casos, que se ...
- Is it a Canaletto or a Bellotto? Don't ask an art historian …
- One of the consequences of art historians being unable to distinguish between the hand of a master, an assistant or a copyist is that forgeries will be missed, says Allen. He now fears that other subject areas “will fall into obscurity”.
- As 'Suffragette' Nears Debut, a Look at the Word's History
- It originally referred to a prayer on behalf of another before evolving to mean the right to participate equally in the voting process. After decades of peaceful but ineffective demonstrations by suffragists, ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.