A selection of articles related to diodorus.
Original articles from our library related to the Diodorus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Diodorus.
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Diodorus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diodorus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Diodorus Siculus: Shared Myths, World Community and Universal
- 10.00-11.30 Diodorus and his World.
- Diodorus Cronus: Modality, the Master Argument and Formalisation
- In his Master Argument, Diodorus used the premisses that "Every past truth is Diodorus.
- First century, B.C., Greek historian, Diodorus Siculus, gave
- First century, B.C., Greek historian, Diodorus Siculus, gave collaborating evidence from the Egyptian point-of-view for the truth of the Bible's Exodus account.
Suggested News Resources
- Op-Ed: Alexander the Great: Murdered in Babylon, Resurrected in Skopje
- According to Diodorus, a month before he mercifully died (or, more likely, was assassinated) his own generals invited Babylonian priests to exorcise the demons that may have possessed him. Plutarch calls him "disturbed".
- Mount Etna Erupts After Six Months Of Silence
- Etna stands at 10922-feet and is considered one of the most active volcanoes in the world. The mountain is 69-feet higher than it was in 1981 due to all its volcano activity.
- Ancient oracles offered guidance and allayed fears
- the rituals and divine utterances of Apollo's oracle at Delphi were subjects recorded and commented upon by numerous ancient writers through the centuries, including Pliny the Elder, Diodorus Siculus, Plato, Aeschylus, Cicero, Strabo and Plutarch.
- Seneca—On The Blessed Life
- THEY deny that Diodorus the Philosopher, and the Epicure, who not long since hastened his own death, by cutting his throat with his own hands, followed in this act the Doctrine of the Epicures.
- TΟ ΕΠΤΑΗΜΕΡΟ ΤΟΥ ΔΙΟΔΩΡΟΥ
- Ας επωφεληθούμε από τα σύκα που ωρίμασαν, ας σκεφθούμε πως άρχισαν οι τρύγοι που θα συνεχιστούν και τον Σεπτέμβριο. Τα κακά του Σεπτεμβρίου θα τα σκεφθούμε όταν έρθει η ώρα τους. diodorus@tovima.
Suggested Web Resources
- Diodorus Siculus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Diodorus Siculus (Greek: Διόδωρος Σικελιώτης, Diodoros Sikeliotes) was a Greek historian who flourished between 60 and 30 BC.
- Classical E-Text: DIODORUS SICULUS, LIBRARY OF HISTORY 4A
- DIODORUS SICULUS was a Greek historian who flourished in Sicily in the C1st BC.
- The Internet Classics Archive | Works by Diodorus
- List of works by Diodorus, part of the Internet Classics Archive.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdon juan early don juan literature
blueprint film soundtrack
kisuke urahara history
christian cross forms of the cross
holidays in canada statutory holidays