- Watch your tone: the deal with diphthongs
- I have this sister-in-law who can hold her own in five languages. She would insist it's really only four (two are different dialects of her native Chinese), but I know better.
- Romie O' and Juliet – An Irishman's Diary on why the accents of Shakespeare
- His vowels and diphthongs were even more rotund than Joyce's, and he rolled his Rs as lovingly as a patriotic Cuban tobacconist rolls cigars. But never mind Joyce and Shaw.
- Like a Harp String Breaking The Cherry Orchard at BAM
- Russian, with its five vowel sounds in contrast to our 12 (not to mention our eight diphthongs) and no differentiation between long and short vowels, sounds more earthy, lending a welcome sense of a primal urgency.
- A druid with attitude – how Bellini's Norma cast a spell on me
- English, by contrast, contains numerous diphthongs that tend instead to close it down. And then there's the consonant clusters – the word “consonants” itself is an example. Singers aren't being fussy in disliking them.
Diphthongs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Diphthongs books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbrazil nut uses
gospel of philip mary magdalene
american literature american lyric