A selection of articles related to disco music.
Original articles from our library related to the Disco Music. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Disco Music.
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Lynne, Carol
- Growing up surrounded by music, Carole Lynneâ€™s musical education has ranged from the informal training of her parents teaching her how to sing jazz to formal instruction at The Juilliard School of Music, University of Michigan Music School, and The American...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Disco Music is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Disco Music books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The History of Rock and Dance Music - The Seventies - Piero Scaruffi
- The cathartic and regenerative function of disco-music accounted for the lightning speed with which it spread around the world. While funk music was booming, ...
- Dance Music for Punks - Piero Scaruffi
- (These are excerpts from my book "A History of Rock and Dance Music"). Disco- music was flourishing at the same time that punk-rock was spreading like wild-.
- From Disco to Electronic Music - Scholarship @ Claremont
- Nov 27, 2010 From Disco to Electronic Music: Following the. Evolution of Dance Culture Through Music. Genres, Venues, Laws, and Drugs.
- Gendering the Disco Inferno - University of Michigan
- Feb 10, 1999 but which I only remember as being about a disdain for 1970s disco, a music I had grown up with and enjoyed in its very mainstream ...
- Stayin' Alive in the Cold War: Disco and Generational, Racial, and ...
- The emergence of the musical genre of disco captivated the American public in ... The Soviet Union's Komsomols were determined to make disco music a tool of ...
Suggested News Resources
- Music review: Shooter Jennings goes disco - no, seriously
- "Outlaw country" star Shooter Jennings couldn't do something more outlaw than his new release: "Countach (for Giorgio)" is a tribute to Italian electronic music pioneer Giorgio Moroder. Here's Jennings, a Southern-rocking son of country stars Waylon ...
- The Disco Biscuits Announce Free AURA Music & Arts Festival Webcast
- The currently underway AURA Music & Arts Festival held in Live Oak, Florida will feature a set from The Disco Biscuits tomorrow night.
- Pitbull, Fall Out Boy, FLO RIDA, Panic! At The Disco, Jason Derulo, Conrad
- Houston, TX (March 11, 2016) – Today NCAA and Turner Live Events, alongside official NCAA Corporate Champions AT&T, Coca-Cola and Capital One®, announced a selection of the all-star musical acts performing at the 2016 NCAA March Madness Music ...
- Local Disco band feature on African compilation album
- Namibian Dan Tshanda, Patricia Majalisa and the Slakos are featuring on compilation Album, Undiscovered Africa, which has been produced by the Bristol based music label Africantunz Records. Africantunz is an African, Caribbean and World Music label ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Disco Music Super 70s : Best of Funky and Disco Music - YouTube
- Jul 11, 2014 FOLLOW US ON SPOTIFY http://open.spotify.com/user/halidon PLAYLIST DiscoMania Disco 70/80 ...
- Disco Music | '70s | Vinyl Records | History
- Disco music of the 70s-80s for DJs & record collectors. Discography of vinyl records & CDs, best 700 songs, artist interviews, clubs and photos of the era.
- 700 Top Disco Songs [Official] (1-100) | DiscoMusic.com
- Aug 11, 2004 What are the best Disco songs? DiscoMusic.com presents the definitive list of the 700 best songs of the 1970s & 80s as selected by top club DJs from America, ...
- Disco music — Listen free at Last.fm
- Disco is a genre of dance-oriented music that originated in African American, gay and Hispanic American communities in 1970s. In what is considered a ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Disco Music Topics
dream interpretation lightning
regional lockout criticisms
paris middle ages