A selection of articles related to disputations.
Original articles from our library related to the Disputations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Disputations.
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
Disputations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Disputations books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- What was the sword of Damocles?
- The famed “sword of Damocles” dates back to an ancient moral parable popularized by the Roman philosopher Cicero in his 45 B.C. book “Tusculan Disputations.
- The Tyranny of Distance
- It is these disputations that gives birth to the cerebral thinking and opens up space for the creative discerning.
- Civility in argument, unity above all
- The body of Jewish civil and ritual law known as the Talmud is essentially a compilation of legal disputations. Yet the Talmud is so much more than that. Why?
- Major History of Medicine Collection Comes to The Huntington
- Less well known but quite notable are roughly four dozen early modern dissertations and disputations on such topics as miscarriages, uterine dropsy, and “monstrous” births.
- The Nazi Who Lived in Ohio
- So much about Demjanjuk's life was subject to fierce legal disputations, but a few unassailable biographical facts remain.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.