A selection of articles related to djoser.
Original articles from our library related to the Djoser. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Djoser.
- Imhotep was a high courtier under King Djoser (Dynasty III), who was given the supreme privilege of having his name carved alongside that of Pharaoh himself. He held the offices of vizier and master sculptor. The Egyptian priest Manetho stated that he was the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Djoser is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Djoser books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- "Djoser" In: The Encyclopedia of Ancient History - Wiley Online Library
- Djoser. AIDAN DODSON. The Horus Netjerkhet Djoser was the first king of the 3rd Egyptian Dynasty, apparently a son of KHASEKHEMWY, last king of the 2nd ...
- The Underground Relief Panels of King Djoser at the Step ... - jstor
- The Underground Relief Panels of King Djoser at the Step Pyramid Complex*. Florence Dunn Friedman. The step pyramid complex is a rectangular.
- A Fragmentary Monument of Djoser from Saqqara - jstor
- Publication of a monument discovered at Saqqara, belonging to Djoser and, specifically, to his pyramid complex. This limestone piece with reliefs on three of its ...
- 8.3.1. Watching the Imperishable Stars: the —serdab“ of Djoser At ...
- Watching the Imperishable Stars: the —serdab“ of Djoser. At the northeast corner of the Step Pyramid of Djoser (or, Neterirkhet, c. 2630 B.
- step pyramid of Djoser in color
- Copyright © 2011 Gijs Korthals Altes www.korthalsaltes.com.
Suggested News Resources
- The Magnificent Step Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara
- The unique shape of Djoser's pyramid may be explained by looking at the building structures that were in use prior to the construction of pyramids in ancient Egypt.
- Nieuwe rondreis Peru bij Djoser
- Machu Picchu in Peru is natuurlijk ook onderdeel Tijdens een nieuwe reis bij Djoser ontdek je nu het prachtige Peru in 15 dagen. Je kan onder andere de Andes bezoeken, net als de mysterieuze Inca-ruïnes. De reis is vanaf nu te boeken voor verschillende ...
- 7 surprising facts about the history of medicine
- Five millennia ago it was the necropolis for the ancient Egyptian city of Memphis, and remains home to one of the oldest surviving buildings in the world – the step pyramid of Djoser.
- Egyptian heritage group raises concerns over Djoser pyramid restorations
- The step-shaped pyramid of Djoser, a few miles south of the better-known pyramids of Giza, is more than 4,600 years old and is considered the oldest stone structure of its size in the world.
Suggested Web Resources
- Djoser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Djoser was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh of the 3rd dynasty during the Old Kingdom and the founder of this epoch. He is well known under his Hellenized names ...
- Djoser | king of Egypt | Britannica.com
- Jun 19, 2015 Djoser, also spelled Zoser, second king of the 3rd dynasty (c. 2650–c. 2575 bce) of ancient Egypt, who undertook the construction of the ...
- Egypt: Netjenkhet Djoser, the 2nd King of Egypt's 3rd Dynasty
- Netjerikhet Djoser was the 2nd King of Egypt's 3rd Dynasty, and was probably the most famous king during this period. He is also sometimes referred to as Zoser ...
- Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: Djoser (zozer, Djeser) Netjerikhet
- Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: the third dynasty (Old Kingdom) pharaoh Djoser ( Netjerikhet) builder of the Step pyramid of Saqqara.
- BBC - History - Djoser
- Discover more about the Egyptian pharaoh Djoser who initiated the building of pyramids.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.