A selection of articles related to dobby loom.
Original articles from our library related to the Dobby Loom. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dobby Loom.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Dobby Loom is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dobby Loom books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Back to the loom: Weaver Jenny KilBride on Ditchling and the Guild of St
- From the 1970s to the late 1980s, Jenny KilBride worked as a silk weaver and vestment maker in the business set up by her father, the silk weaver Valentine KilBride, who was a member of The Guild of St Joseph and St Dominic established in Ditchling in ...
- Fruits of the loom
- The Mama-size weaver's dream in Gloria's Lake Trail Studio, the honky-tonk of the weaving world, is called a dobby loom. “The player piano is the idea behind it.
- Houston Ballet presents its Fall Mixed Repertory beginning Sept. 24
- His exploration into Turkish culture led to a photograph online of a dobby loom, a large device that allows weavers to create complex patterns with many colors.
- Confidence comes at cancer camp
- The girls let out a show of surprise when Walsh told the campers before lunch on June 17 that Dobby the house elf had reported to her that the boys cabin Ravenclaw had the cleanest bunk. To the ladies' chagrin, Ravenclaw won the “whitey-tighty award” ...
- Weaving technology for narrow width fabrics and high strength belts
- Shedding and weft insertion were optimised so that by the middle of the 20Th century highly efficient narrow fabric looms with dobby and jacquard shedding were on the market.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.