- Tasmania's mists and mysteries
- But the payoff at the crest of the hill was ample: views across precipitous dolerite cliffs to the south east, pounded by surf and climaxing in Cape Pillar, the first of the trail's two capes.
- Was Stonehenge first built in Wales?
- For these, spotted dolerite was used – an igneous rock that outcrops in West Wales, some 140 miles from Salisbury Plain. How these bluestones first came to Stonehenge is subject to heated debate. The answer may come from recent discoveries of potential ...
- Secrets of dolerite sills
- Being much harder than the under- and over-lying sandstones and shales, these dolerite sills form the flat-topped hills so distinctive of the Karoo scenery in South Africa.
- BUSINESS DAY TV: Diversified miner Petmin weathers the drought
- BD: This naturally occurs with anthracite — it's highly fragmented ore body with lots of dolerite sills and dykes.
- Bluestone is being chipped away on the Preseli Hills
- Academics from the world of archaeology and geology have joined the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority in appealing to members of the public to stop taking fragments of spotted dolerite or 'bluestone' from protected sites such as Carn Menyn.
Dolerite is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dolerite books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrichard branson politics
motorola 68000 architecture
hatha yoga postures