A selection of articles related to domestic horse.
Original articles from our library related to the Domestic Horse. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Domestic Horse.
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Horse Chestnut: Correspondences
- Aesculus spp. Folk Names: Buckeye Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Fire Deity: Power: Healing, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Domestic Horse is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Domestic Horse books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Widespread Origins of Domestic Horse Lineages
- trol region sequences of 191 domestic horses and found a high diversity of matrilines.
- Mitochondrial DNA and the origins of the domestic horse
- (mt)DNA variability expected in former wild horse populations. (2, 3).
- Proposal to sequence the genome of the the domestic horse, Equss
- Proposal to sequence the genome of the domestic horse, Equus caballus.
- The effects of weaning on the domestic horse (Equus caballus)
- + Models. APPLAN-2786; No of Pages 16. Review.
Suggested News Resources
- Hillsboro girl trains wild horse for Teens and Oregon Mustangs yearling challenge
- She approached Mystic carefully, then spent the first night working to make the horse comfortable with petting. "A domestic horse wouldn't mind petting, but she was very unsure," White said. "She was really tense at first.
- Is Your Horse's Bit Harmful to His Mouth?
- W. Robert Cook, FRCVS, PhD, completed a study recently in which he compared 66 domestic horse skulls and 12 wild horse skulls in four US Natural History Museum collections for differences in structure near the point where the bit contacts the skull.
- Horses to the slaughter?
- Smith said that when Congress pulled funding for inspections of domestic horse slaughter operations, it shut down such facilities and opened the door for unintended consequences.
- Congress should revisit horse slaughter ban
- The report states since domestic horse slaughter ceased in 2007, about the same number of American horses are still being killed - almost 138000 in 2010. But the slaughter is occurring in Mexico and Canada. We forced the business out of the country.
Suggested Web Resources
- Horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Depending on breed, management and environment, the modern domestic horse has a life expectancy of 25 to 30 years.
- Przewalski's wild horse, Domestic horse
- Przewalski's wild horse, Domestic horse. Taxonomy. Genus [Linnaeus, 1758].
- Domestic Horse Ridden Further Back in Time | LiveScience
- Mar 5, 2009 People were riding horses much earlier than previously thought, new archaeological finds suggest.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.