A selection of articles related to dominican order.
Original articles from our library related to the Dominican Order. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dominican Order.
- Orr, Emma Restall: Joint Chief of the British Druid Order
- Bobcat, Joint Chief of the British Druid Order, Priestess, author, poet and singer Emma Restall Orr has books to her credit including keystone works 'Principles of Druidry', 'Spirits of the Sacred Grove' & 'Ritual: A Guide To Life, Love And Inspiration', as...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Dominican Order is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dominican Order books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ORIENTATION AND INTRODUCTION TO THE DOMINICAN ORDER
- ORIENTATION AND INTRODUCTION TO THE DOMINICAN ORDER SESSION.
- The dominicans:
- Incarnation. Members of the Order are called 'Dominicans' after their founder. They are also called.
- THE PURPOSE OF THE DOMINICAN LAITY
- Dominican Laity, as a never-changing model for all things pertaining to the Dominican Laity. Yet the General.
- ORDER OF PREACHERS PROVINCIAL MISSION STATEMENT
- ORDER. OF. PREACHERS.
- What is a Lay Dominican?
- (formerly known as Third Order Dominicans, or.
Suggested News Resources
- Madras College land deal up against new obstacle
- The trust has pointed out that it is clear from the Geddy Map of 1580 that Madras occupies the former land of the Blackfriars Dominican Order.
- aka Sister Maria Veritas
- Harvard's motto is Veritas, and the motto of the Dominican Order is also Veritas, so it seems sensible that, should she persevere in the life, Marks will henceforth and forever be known as Sr.
- Jackie Hudson, nun and activist for nuclear disarmament, 76
- Sister Hudson was raised in Saginaw, Mich., and joined the Dominican order in 1952. She was educated in music and religious education at VanderCook College of Music in Chicago and went on to teach music for 29 years, mostly in junior-high schools.
- 1951 Vows Still Inspiring Sister Marie Sullivan's Life
- Sister Marie made her first vows with the Dominican order in 1951, a decision that made her parents very proud. “In those days it was an honor for an Irish family to have a priest or nun in their family, so they were pleased,” she said.
- Retired St. Joe teacher pens memoir about her five years as a nun
- The postulant, or candidate year, would be followed by another year as a novice nun before taking her annual vow as a sister in the Dominican Order. "They took us in and dressed us in this long black outfit and our nun shoes," she says.
Suggested Web Resources
- Order of Preachers (Dominicans)
- Official home page for the global Order of Preachers.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Order of Preachers
- In its formation and development, the Dominican legislation as a whole is closely bound up with historical facts relative to the origin and progress of the order.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.