- Penn scientists find dopamine bursts aren't just for happy times
- Scientists have long known that the brain chemical dopamine gets released during pleasant activities, like eating delicious foods.
- Alcohol Addiction Affects Dopamine Levels In Brain, Making It Harder To Catch
- The research team found the brains of deceased alcoholics to have fewer D1 dopamine receptors, sites in the brain where dopamine binds and excites neurons, the specialized brain cells that transmit nerve impulses. Fewer D1 receptors would make the ...
- Resilience to chronic stress is mediated by noradrenergic regulation of
- Dopamine (DA) neurons in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) help mediate stress susceptibility and resilience. However, upstream mechanisms controlling these neurons remain unknown. Noradrenergic (NE) neurons in the locus coeruleus, implicated in the ...
- What is dopamine's role in alcoholism? It's complicated, say researchers
- Though neurological addiction studies have suggested the occurrence of alterations in the mesolimbic dopamine systems of alcohol-dependent people, it has remained unclear whether these neuroadaptations result in hypo- or hyperdopaminergic states.
- These NERVANA Headphones Are So Dopamine
- A Florida-based company called NERVANA is bringing to market this month headphones that reputedly signal the Vagus nerve to stimulate "the release of neurotransmitters in the brain that enhance mood," according to NERVANA's website. How does it work ...
Dopamine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dopamine books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesparsva sarvangasana
philosophy branches of philosophy
low body temperature