- The story of a unique Christian sect — the Doukhobors
- Just north of the Idaho border in British Columbia, the towns of Castlegar and Grand Forks are home to many Doukhobors, a very unusual community of Christians founded in Russia centuries ago, but migrated to North America in 1899. They believe in a ...
- Doukhobors celebrate 60th anniversary of Kamsack Prayer Home
- Mike Chutskoff, the only living member of the Kamsack and District Doukhobor Society who had volunteered time during the construction of the society's Kamsack Prayer Home 60 years ago, had the honour of cutting an anniversary cake during a reception at ...
- Tolstoy's Canadian Doukhobors Return to Russia Over 100 Years After Fleeing
- It was the connection with Tolstoy that brought Elaine and Alfred — third and fourth generation descendants of Russia's Doukhobors, a sectarian Christian denomination that was persecuted under the Russian Empire — to Yasnaya Polyana from the city of ...
- The Remote Pacifist Sect That Leo Tolstoy Tried to Save Is About to Disappear
- The Doukhobors eked out a relatively quiet existence here until 1895, when they rounded up all the weapons in the villages and burned them in protest of the Tsarist government's military draft.
- Remembrance Day: Doukhobors and World War I
- The Kootenay Columbia Preserving Works at Brilliant produced 12 tons of jam for convalescing soldiers during World War I. Doukhobor leader Peter (Lordly) Verigin hoped it would calm tension with neighboring farmers who, unlike his followers, were not ...
Doukhobors is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Doukhobors books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslist of songs about suicide
blythe alternative definition
management nature of the work