A selection of articles related to dove symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Dove Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dove Symbolism.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Rose - Love, Healing, Symbolism and Alchemy
- When someone gives you red roses you know what it means: Love. Some say it means love and respect, but most of the times it means love and desire. The rose, this wondrous Lady of Flowers, is attributed to femininity. The red rose belongs with Aphrodite, the...
Earth Mysteries >> Essential Oils
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Dove Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dove Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lead Coffins Reinterred at Historic St. Mary's City for Md. Day March 19
- Partnering with the Pride of Baltimore II, the Ark and Dove Society, and Society of Colonial Wars, the Maryland Historical Society will take part in a special Maryland Day observance at Historic St.
- Alexandria: How Christianity Destroyed The Pagan Culture Of The Hellenistic World
- Christianity's purge of the “dangerous” legacy of pagan or pre-Christian culture resulted in the destruction of education and learning as well as of its symbol: books. (Books offering pagan culture, after all!
- Easter traditions endure in Europe's more remote corners
- It's impressive to me that, even in the 21st century, sacred traditions — rich with symbolism — still thrive in Europe's more remote corners.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.