A selection of articles related to dowry.
Original articles from our library related to the Dowry. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dowry.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 34
- Chapter 34 34:1 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land. 34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her. 34:3 And...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. 22:2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. 22:3 If...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Dowry is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dowry books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Does Dowry Improve Life for Brides? A Test of the Bequest Theory of
- Apr 3, 2004 north India dowry can amount to three or four times a family's total assets.
- 8IRIN Duo-Dowry Death
- A survivor of a dowry burning recuperates in an Indian hospital. The truth behind who have lost their lives because of dowry crimes in India.
Suggested News Resources
- Marriages may soon need no-dowry undertaking
- The panel has recommended that that the registration of marriage must be made mandatory and "undertaking from both the parties should be maintained at that time that no dowry has been exchanged between those parties".
- No Dowry Clause In Indian Marriages Soon
- By P.Vijian NEW DELHI, Aug 25 (Bernama) -- Disturbed by rising crimes related to marriage dowry, India may soon enact law with "no-dowry undertaking" between the bride and bridegroom.
- Pregnant woman made to run around for dowry FIR
- Mumbai: It took 19 days for the Mahim police officials to file an FIR of dowry harassment of a nine-month pregnant woman, who had been abandoned and physically abused by her husband and in-laws.
- Harassed for dowry, techie commits suicide
- A 26-year-old software engineer committed suicide at her residence on Monday owing to the alleged dowry harassment by her husband and in-laws.
Suggested Web Resources
- Dowry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A dowry (also known as trousseau or tocher or, in Latin, dos) is the money, goods , or estate that a woman brings forth to the marriage.
- Dowry - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- the money, goods, or estate that a woman brings to her husband in marriage. 3. : a gift of money or property by a man to or for his bride.
- Dowry | Define Dowry at Dictionary.com
- Also, dower. the money, goods, or estate that a wife brings to her husband at marriage. 2.
- Arranged Marriages and Dowry System of India
- Describes and explains Arranged Marriages and Dowry System of India.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesroyal icing
library catalog catalog types
fish note on usage fish vs fishes
limit of a function examples
bert and ernie history of the duo
binary decision diagram
rituals in hinduism