A selection of articles related to drowning.
Original articles from our library related to the Drowning. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Drowning.
- Sokar, probably an earth and fertility god in early times. Later he developed into a mortuary deity, his cult center being near the necropolis of Mennefer (Memphis). He was depicted as a falcon headed human, showing his association to the king, and in the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Drowning is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Drowning books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- drowning the second leading cause of unintentional injury death globally after road drowning deaths, since they exclude drowning due to cataclysms.
- Childhood Drowning
- Injury Prevention Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health, 1000 N.E. 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73117.
- Drowning occurs when breathing is impaired because water or another liquid blocks a unintentional drowning rate in Washington State was. 1.9 per 100000.
- Part 10.3: Drowning
- Drowning is a leading preventable cause of unintentional morbidity and mortality been shown to reduce drowning and submersion injury (Class. I).1.
Suggested News Resources
- Coroner: Treme Actor Suffered Death by Drowning
- According to autopsy results, Showers drowned, but there were no signs of trauma on his body. While toxicology test results for drugs and alcohol are still pending, new details regarding the mysterious circumstances surrounding his death are emerging.
- UPDATE: Drowning of surfer not linked to Irene
- A 22-year-old surfer drowned in a rip current off the Virginia Beach coast on Thursday, but the death is not being linked to Hurricane Irene.
- Autopsy confirms NH infant drowned in bathtub
- MERRIMACK, NH—Merrimack police say an investigation into the death of an 8-month-old infant inside a home has confirmed that the boy drowned in a bathtub. Police say in a statement released Friday evening that an autopsy has confirmed the drowning.
- Portrait of a Drowning City
- It was hard for me to get my head around this picture of a drowning city. How can we not be a little skeptical? This is the way the world is, we think, the world we know, and this is the way the world will stay.
- Parasailer's death caused by drowning
- By LEE WILLIAMS - firstname.lastname@example.org MANATEE -- The 31-year-old parasailer who died June 27 off Longboat Key drowned, according to a report released Friday by the medical examiner. Dr.
Suggested Web Resources
- Drowning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Drowning is death from asphyxia due to suffocation caused by water entering the lungs and preventing the absorption of oxygen leading to cerebral hypoxia.
- Aug 23, 2011 Drowning remains a significant public health concern, as it is a major cause of disability and death, particularly in children.
- Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning
- May 3, 2010 This enlightening article on what drowning looks like may change the way you watch your children the next time they go swimming.
- Unintentional Drowning: Fact Sheet
- May 16, 2011 Every day, about ten people die from unintentional drowning. Of these, two are children aged 14 or younger.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbone char
barefoot park examples
oliver cromwell quotes
samskaras of adulthood