A selection of articles related to drying.
Original articles from our library related to the Drying. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Drying.
- Starting an Herbal Garden
- When planning an herbal garden it is important to decide what herbs you want to grow. Then decide where you're going to plant them. Will it be indoors or outdoors? Is there enough sunlight? Is the soil loose with good drainage or very firm and rocky? And so...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Make Your Voice Heard As You Tread Gently On Our Mother Earth
- Making Your Voice Heard Before buying crystals, remember to ask where the crystal comes from and how it was mined. A lot of crystals are strip mined, which is very harmful to the land, and when handled often have a feeling of being psychically fractured or...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Ovinniki
- (sing. Ovinnik) Any of a class of animistic spirits having tutelary functions over drying-houses and food preservation....
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Healing Routine: How to setup a Healing Ritual
- This is a suggested form for rituals for any healing spell: First of all, there some things which much be done before the ritual itself. You need to diagnose your patient so that you know exactly what kind of healing where in which person you want to...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
Drying is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Drying books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- drying fruits/vegs new
- Food drying is one of the oldest methods of preserving food for later use.
- Home Drying of Foods
- Home Drying of Food. Charlotte P. Brennand, Extension Food Science Specialist.
- Drying Fruits and Vegetables
- Drying is the oldest method of preserving food.
Suggested News Resources
- Federal disaster kitty drying up fast
- President Obama listens to FEMA administrator Craig Fugate during a video teleconference led by FEMA to monitor the federal response to Hurricane Irene at FEMA Headquarters, Aug.
- 'Freeze-drying' alternative to cremation
- Swedish biologist Susanne Wiigh-Masak has designed an "ecological" alternative to cremation and burial, involving the freeze-drying of human remains. Here at home on the Swedish island of Lyr, she explains what inspired her and how "Promession" works.
- Bins filled with drying winter wheat as spring wheat harvest begins
- BELFIELD, ND – The weather has been “less than cooperative” with producers in the southwestern region trying to harvest.
- All on board and ink drying on Clopay expansion plan in Augusta
- Steve Beshear, ink is drying on a $12.3 million expansion plan at Clopay Plastic Products Company in Augusta. The Augusta Clopay plant will be expanded by 62000 square feet, officials said Thursday.
- Forecast: Drying out, tracking Katia
- WMBF Storm Team (WMBF) Tuesday will start out with a few leftover showers in the Pee Dee, but they aren't lasting long. We will have a muggy start to the day, but we'll gradually dry out by this evening.
Suggested Web Resources
- Drying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Drying is a mass transfer process consisting of the removal of water or another solvent by evaporation from a solid, semi-solid or liquid. .
- Drying Food
- Drying is the oldest method of preserving food. The early American settlers dried foods such as corn, apple slices, currants, grapes, and meat.
- Drying Herbs - Gardening - About.com
- Fresh garden herbs can easily be air dried, to preserve their flavor and quality.