- Youre Doing Baptism All Wrong
- In his book, The World's Oldest Church, Fordham Associate Professor Michael Peppard examines the iconography from the walls that adorned the earliest surviving Christian church, from Dura-Europos in Syria. Located above the Euphrates River in what is ...
- A look at the cost of 5 years of conflict in Syria
- These include the Apamea archaeological site in Hama, the Tell Merdikh archaeological site in the Idlib region, and the Dura-Europos and Mari sites in Deir el-Zour. ECONOMY " There is no accurate estimate for the economic cost of the ongoing war.
- Yale Art Gallery painting might be oldest known image of the Virgin Mary
- This image of a woman drawing water from a well once decorated the baptistry of an early Christian house-church in Dura-Europos. It could be the earliest known image of the Virgin Mary, according to a scholar from Fordham University. The image has been ...
- Post trauma reconstruction: from Syria to Nepal
- Large-scale damage can also be noted on the archaeological landscapes of Hellenistic-Roman walled city of Dura Europos and ancient Semitic city of Mari.
- Professor's Book Examines Syrian Church
- The church's paintings are housed at Yale University, but Peppard wanted to make a “personal pilgrimage” to Dura-Europos. Yet not long after he started his research in 2010, a civil war broke out in Syria.
Dura Europos is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dura Europos books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Dura Europos Topics
Related searchespuff pastry method
christie dead or alive character
dream dictionary disease