A selection of articles related to dutch.
Original articles from our library related to the Dutch. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Dutch.
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Honeysuckle: Correspondences
- Lonicera caprefolium Folk Names: Dutch Honeysuckle, Goat's Leaf, Woodbine Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Earth Deity: Power: Money, Psychic Powers, Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- Horsetail: Correspondences
- Equisetum spp. Folk Names: Bottle Brush, Dutch Rushes, Paddock Pipes, Pewterwort, Shavegrass Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Earth Deity: Power: Snake Charming, Fertility...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
- Zincum metallicum (Zinc)
- The metal zinc is associated with the planet Uranus. According to medical astrology Uranus rules the potential of the nervous system, the rhythmic processes of the nervous system and the lower extremities. If these processes don't work properly they can cause...
Remedies >> Remedies Z
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
Dutch is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dutch books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Dutch parliament votes to ban weapon exports to Saudi Arabia
- AMSTERDAM - The Dutch parliament passed a bill on Tuesday calling for the government of the Netherlands to halt weapon exports to Saudi Arabia, citing ongoing violations of humanitarian law in Yemen. The Dutch vote effectively seeks to implement a ...
- After Activist's Murder, Dutch Investors Question Ties to Hydroelectric Project
- Now, nearly 50 activist groups are demanding the Dutch government distance itself from the project, known as Agua Zarca, and to take steps to protect Castro.
- Hip to be square: Dutch teenagers smoke, drink, and have less sex
- Dutch teenagers are among Europe's least likely to engage in underage smoking, drinking, cannabis use and sex, according to a large scale study of children from 42 countries. The study surveyed 11, 13, and 15 year olds, and found that not only do Dutch ...
- An Artist Who Hunts, Emilie Clark Gets Her Gun, Then Her Dutch Oven
- The artist Emilie Clark's first kill was a common goldeneye duck, shot down two Novembers ago on an island in the Baltic Sea in Sweden.
- A Dutch Newspaper Finds the Perfect Way to Explain Trump
- The Dutch aren't the first foreigners to express disdain for Trump; to celebrate Carnival, parade-goers in Germany made large floats mocking his hair and treatment of women. But if the Trump train continues its seemingly unstoppable journey to the ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.