- "It is like a straitjacket" : Tallahassee Man Describes Life with Dystonia
- The Dystonia diagnosis - and Brian's remarkable recovery - inspired his parents to donate one million dollars to Florida State University to train future doctors to recognize its symptoms and fund research by scientists like Dr. Pradeep Bhide.
- A Day in the Life of a Nurse with Dystonia
- I started my nursing career with dysphonia, cervical dystonia, and even generalized dystonia.
- Dystonia: Why Some Patients Respond Better to Deep Brain Stimulation
- There are two types of secondary dystonia, including static lesions, and progressive disorders.
- Researchers hope brain's plasticity can be used to treat disorders
- Exactly what triggers dystonia — an involuntary muscle contraction of the hand, fingers, neck or mouth, which is sometimes very painful — is unclear.
- Mid-Iowa Deaths: March 12, 2016
- Charlene Louise Shore, 73, of Eldora, passed away from complication of Dystonia on March 9, 2016, at Mary Greeley Israel Hospice House in Ames. Her body has been donated to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for further study of Dystonia.
Dystonia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Dystonia books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.