A selection of articles related to early christianity.
Original articles from our library related to the Early Christianity. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Early Christianity.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Early Christianity is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Early Christianity books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Suppressing Anger in Early Christianity: Examples from the Pauline
- comparatively, four early Christian authors' statements con- cerning anger: (1) the .
- early christian history
- Biblical Interpretation in Early Christianity Appendix 4 | Timelines for Early Christianity, Part 1. Appendix Centrality of the Eucharist in early Christian worship.
- STRUGGLES FOR POWER IN EARLY CHRISTIANITY
- Tamez, Elsa. [Luchas de poder en los orígenes del Cristianismo. English].
Suggested News Resources
- Archaeology: Excavations on Bulgaria's St Ivan island a success – report
- As you might know, in early Christianity churches were very big and there were no closed areas," Drazheva was quoted as saying. This narthex, or anteroom, was designed for those who were not familiar with Christianity, she said.
- Today in History - Aug. 24
- In 410, the Visigoths sacked Rome, disillusioning Christians who were trusting in God's protection of the ecclesiastical centre of early Christianity. St. Augustine later tackled this religious problem in his monumental work, "City of God.
- 'Egalitarian Socialism Backed by Fear of Death'
- By David French That's how a writer named Gregory Paul describes — wait for it — early Christianity.
- In this time of crisis, Catholics can choose to live by the faith of Jesus himself
- ROMAN CATHOLICISM faces a crisis comparable to that brought on by the hostility of Roman emperors to early Christianity, before it morphed into a religion more Roman than the Roman empire itself.
- News, views at Chautauqua
- Crossan, a former monk and Roman Catholic priest, has written provocative books on early Christianity. Rieger, a theology professor at Southern Methodist University, is an expert on the 20th-century liberation theology.
Suggested Web Resources
- Early Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Early Christianity is generally considered as Christianity before 325.
- From Jesus To Christ - The First Christians | FRONTLINE | PBS
- The First Christians. The clash of customs and cultures among early Christians yielded a Jesus of many different interpretations and multiple messages.
- Early Christianity
- The most important early convert, Paul of Tarsus, carried the Christian message to various parts of the Roman empire.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Early Christianity Topics
Related searchesshunya sampadane
janis joplin criticism
robert graves life
julius caesar military career
alphabet the alphabet effect