A selection of articles related to easter.
Original articles from our library related to the Easter. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Easter.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Bistort: Correspondences
- Polygonum bistorta Folk Names: Bragonwort, Easter Giant, English Serpentary, Osterick, Passions, Patience Fock, Red Legs, Snakeweed, Sweet Dock Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Earth Deity: Power: Psychic Powers, Fertility...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Easter is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Easter books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How travellers can take advantage of an early Easter
- I have every respect for the Christian tradition, but I'd like to point out that the ever-shifting dates of Easter are a mixed blessing in the traveller's calendar. This year it falls particularly early, on March 27.
- Gone Hunting: Easter is a time of renewal
- I have heard it said, somewhere along the line, Mother Nature often holds up a mirror so we can see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth, renewal, reawakening and transformation in our lives.
- Every bunny loves Easter
- Hollywood, MD - The age-old conundrum of a rabbit distributing eggs to children at Easter time, despite the fact that rabbits don't lay eggs, has puzzled scholars for decades. Well, you can blame it all on the Germans. According to GotQuestions.
- Immigration strike action will continue for weeks after Easter, union confirms
- Strikes designed to disrupt travel on the eve of Easter will continue for weeks, with the union representing immigration and Australian Border Force workers confirming a series of rolling stoppages. The work stoppages are part of a public-service wide ...
- Seven Easter Eggs Hidden In The Division
- The snowy streets of digital New York are hiding a few secrets, if you know where to look. Here are some of the best easter eggs players have found within The Division. Some of them you might recognize from the beta!
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesnorm macdonald
orientalism criticisms of said
the bronx geography
dream interpretation saint
confucian view of marriage