A selection of articles related to eid festival.
Original articles from our library related to the Eid Festival. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Eid Festival.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- ISIS and ASET are really two different deities. When the worship of Isis rose, Aset had already been forgotten for hundreds of years, at this time only a small group of priests still knew how to read the hieroglyphs of the temple walls. Isis was more a Roman...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Meaning "the House of Horus". In early times seen as the sky-goddess and mother of Horus, in the New Kingdom she was merged with Isis to become the same deity. Already in the Old Kingdom her cult center seems to have been in Dendera. During the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Eid Festival is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Eid Festival books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Reveller and pals plotted to celebrate Muslim holy festival with ecstasy
- A plot to stock up on club drugs for Eid was foiled when police raided a reveller's hotel room at a city centre hotel. Hamza Farooq and pals planned to celebrate the Muslim holy festival with ecstasy, cocaine and cannabis.
- Clifton board OKs day off next year for Muslim holiday
- Eid al-Adha, also called “Festival of the Sacrifice,” honors the willingness of Abraham to sacrifice his son and is also celebrated with food, gifts for children and acts to help the poor.
- Nigerian Bombings Ahead of Eid Festival Kill at Least 63 People
- Three suicide attacks occurred early on Friday as people in the town of Damaturu prepared for the Eid festival. "Thirteen people were killed in the suicide blasts," reported Markus Danladi, Yobe state police commissioner.
- Several Arab Stances Denounce Arab League Decision against Hezbollah (Updated)
- The Popular Front in Gaza also expressed solidarity with Hezbollah against the Arab resolution during its annual festival to mark the martyr's day.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.