A selection of articles related to eiriksmal.
Original articles from our library related to the Eiriksmal. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Eiriksmal.
- Norse Great Father, carries two ravens upon his shoulder to tell him of mans destiny, All Father, Giver of written language (runes). Originally a god of death, whose range later came to encompass magic (especially runic magic), battle (giving victory by...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
Eiriksmal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Eiriksmal books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Odin is a god of many things
- standards, and a great man of Odin. The poem Eiriksmal tells about Eric's final battle, at.
- Abstracts Balestrand
- issue three poets wrestle with in the poems Eiríksmál, Hákonarmál, and the Erfidrápa. Óláfs Tryggvasonar.
- QUID SIGVARDUS CUM CHRISTO? MORAL INTERPRETATIONS
- Sigurðr's story begins to appear in Scandinavian and Scandinavian-influenced art. Like Eiríksmál, these artefacts are associated with death and the afterlife.
- FINAL HONOUR SCHOOL OF HISTORY FURTHER SUBJECT THE
- Eiríksmál and skaldic poetry by Steinunn and Hallfreðr;. Ibn Fadlan .
Suggested News Resources
- Immortal soldiers join battle on the Somme
- To watch those grey shapes moving elusively among the bleached breastworks or emerging from between broken tree-stumps was suggestive to us of… those lines from the Eiríksmál: 'It is not surely known when the grey wolf shall come upon the seat of the ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Eiríksmál - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Eiríksmál is a skaldic poem composed sometime in 954 or later on the behest of the Norwegian queen Gunnhild in honour of her slain consort Erik Bloodaxe.
- Eiríksmál - heimskringla.no
- Udvalg af norske og islandske skjaldekvad ved Finnur Jónsson G.E.C.
- Eiríksmál 1-9 [Eir 1-9]. Skjald I B 164-166 [FJ], Fsk.27-34 [BE].
- skaldic poetry project :: poems :: anonymous poems :: eiríksmál
- I. 1. Eiríksmál (Eirm) - 9 2.
- ORGANIC MYTHOLOGY AND THE IMMORTALIZATION OF EIRÍKR
- Rather, I have elected to inspect two poetic works, Eiríksmál and Hǫfuðlausn; both are also mired in mythological subject matter. What can be said of this?
clothing functional clothing
orenburg oblast geography
building weathering weeds