Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy
A selection of articles related to electroconvulsive therapy controversy.
Original articles from our library related to the Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy.
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What are the risks or dangers of hypnosis?
- The risks of using hypnosis for change are roughly the same as those for other forms of psychotherapy. Competently performed hypnosis in itself has virtually no risk or danger. Even incompetently performed hypnosis usually has only a very minimal risk....
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What Makes Hypnosis Interesting?
- For researchers, hypnosis remains interesting because it is so resistant to comprehensive theoretical understanding, and because many of the basic hypnotic phenomena seem to challenge our understanding of how central neurological mechanisms are organized. For...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Description of the Bach Remedies
- Bach Flower Remedies 1. AGRIMONY (Agrimonia eupatoria) - problems hidden behind light-heartedness - This is the "Keep-smiling!" - remedy: it is for people who hide their fears, grief and worries under a mask of cheerfulness, friendliness and humor....
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- St. Elizabeths Stories: How The World's Most Notorious Lobotomist Got His
- Seventy-five years later, and a decade after Rosemary quietly passed away in a Wisconsin nursing facility, it is hard to forget Freeman's quest to popularize one of the most controversial medical procedures in human history: the lobotomy.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: a treatment still full of dilemmas
- This leaves the controversial area of treatment with ECT without consent for a person who is so severely ill as to be incapable of giving consent. Is this assault or can it be justified on the basis that the person is suffering from a reversible delusion?
- It's every new mother's worst nightmare - here one brave sufferer shares the
- After her condition rapidly deteriorates one brave mum suffering from postpartum psychosis chooses to undergo a controversial electroconvulsive therapy. The treatment, which is extremely distressing to watch, is shown in the BBC documentary My Baby, ...
- Gay conversion therapy
- The new Bill entitled the Affirmation of Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression Act, which has been tabled in Parliament for its first reading, has been the source of much controversy over the past few weeks. ...
- Review of euthanasia in psychiatric patients raising 'serious concerns'
- A new review of patients in the Netherlands is shedding light on the controversial practice of euthanasia or assisted suicide among patients with psychiatric disorders, as the practice is increasing in certain jurisdictions. ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy Topics
Related searcheshakeem olajuwon the dream shake
list of songs about drugs
necromancy necromancy in fiction
euphonium history and development
barry bonds background
enema colonic irrigation