Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy
A selection of articles related to electroconvulsive therapy controversy.
Original articles from our library related to the Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy.
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What are the risks or dangers of hypnosis?
- The risks of using hypnosis for change are roughly the same as those for other forms of psychotherapy. Competently performed hypnosis in itself has virtually no risk or danger. Even incompetently performed hypnosis usually has only a very minimal risk....
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Why are some experts skeptical about subliminal influence?
- There was once a legitimate scientific controversy over whether subliminal perception really occurs or not. The question was whether someone can perceive something unconsciously. All kinds of experiments were performed to try to prove that we were...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- What Makes Hypnosis Interesting?
- For researchers, hypnosis remains interesting because it is so resistant to comprehensive theoretical understanding, and because many of the basic hypnotic phenomena seem to challenge our understanding of how central neurological mechanisms are organized. For...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Description of the Bach Remedies
- Bach Flower Remedies 1. AGRIMONY (Agrimonia eupatoria) - problems hidden behind light-heartedness - This is the "Keep-smiling!" - remedy: it is for people who hide their fears, grief and worries under a mask of cheerfulness, friendliness and humor....
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy: Evidence and Ethics
- The Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy: Evidence and Ethics. Andrew D. Reisner.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy: The Controversy and the Evidence THE
- Electroconvulsive Therapy: The Controversy and the Evidence.
- 26 January 2006 10201 Brantley Bend Austin, TX 78748 Charles
- the tremendous controversy of electroshock treatment. I have summarized below just a few medical articles addressing ECT safety issues.
- Teaching Electroconvulsive Therapy to Medical Students: Effects of
- uing controversies about ECT (4, 5). Underuse also may be attributable to inadequate training.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mental Health America: Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- After 60 years of use, ECT is still the most controversial psychiatric treatment. Much of the controversy surrounding ECT revolves around its effectiveness vs.
- ECT - Electroshock: Scientific, Ethical, and Political Issues by Peter
- The controversy surrounding ECT in the United States led to three institutional responses that have affected the future of ECT throughout the world.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Electroconvulsive Therapy Controversy Topics
Related searchesburning of washington aftermath
atlantic herring habitat requirements
two-tailed z test
dining philosophers problem
mormonism and judaism diet