Emmitt Peters Iditarod
- In Ruby, Hometown Champ Emmitt Peters Looks Back
- In 1975, Emmitt Peters won the Iditarod. He was only the third musher to have done so in the race's history. On Thursday, Peters was in Ruby to greet Jeff King and his dog team when they arrived first at the Yukon River.
- First Teams In and Out of Ruby, As Iditarod Rolls Down the Yukon
- 1975 Iditarod champion Emmitt Peters was in ruby to see King arrive. He's the only musher in the race's history to have taken a 24-hour rest in Ruby and then gone on to win. The two mushers bantered in the dog yard after King arrived.
- Jeff King rolls into Yukon River checkpoint of Ruby
- Four-time Iditarod champion Jeff King has arrived at the Yukon River checkpoint of Ruby. He pulled in just after 1:00 ... The last winning musher to successfully take a 24-hour break in Ruby was Emmitt Peters “The Yukon Fox” in 1975.
- Vote: What were the greatest moments in Iditarod history?
- Dick Mackey runs ahead of Rick Swenson on Front Street in a sprint to the Iditarod finish in Nome in 1978. Mackey won by one second, establish that the first dog nose across the line wins, not the first sled. ROB STAPLETON / Anchorage Daily News archive.
- Vikings top Packers, NFC North
- GREEN BAY — The Vikings' push to be kings of the NFC North for the first time since 2009 finally got rewarded Sunday night as they defeated the Green Bay Packers 20-13 for the division title. Recommended for you. Esko's Jaxson Turner brings the ball ...
Emmitt Peters Iditarod is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Emmitt Peters Iditarod books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Emmitt Peters Iditarod Topics
Related searchesphenetic classification
low-cost carrier history
graham nash solo work
south african english idioms