- Complete ecological isolation and cryptic diversity in Polynucleobacter
- The one value slightly below 99% and most of the other lower values resulted from comparison with the only obligate endosymbiotic strain, that is, STIR1 (Vannini et al., 2007; Boscaro et al., 2013), among the compared six strains.
- A brief history of sex – with no pictures
- Now described as endosymbiosis, the feat became the launch platform for an entirely new kind of cell: eukaryotes, with nucleus protecting its DNA chromosomes and the unique ability to reproduce by swapping completely reshuffled sets of chromosomes with ...
- Rare evolutionary example of endosymbiosis undone
- The evolution of intracellular organelles through endosymbiosis was a turning point in the history of life on Earth.
- Green Alga Found to Prey on Bacteria, Bolstering Endosymbiotic Theory
- Termed "Endosymbiotic Theory", the idea is that early nucleated cells called eukaryotes ate bacteria that managed to escape digestion but also couldn't escape their captors. Instead, they partnered with them. Today's mitochondria -- eukaryotic cellular ...
- Endosymbiosis Timeline
- These insights are published in the Aug. 20 online edition of the journal Nature.
Endosymbiosis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Endosymbiosis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheswestmoreland county virginia history
fitchburg railroad history
spring loaded camming device history
list of australian aboriginal tribes
steyr aug variants
pablo picasso later works
dream dictionary crab